May 20, 2005 Rhine Valley, Germany St. Goar En Route to Rhine Valley
Today was a slow day of driving to St. Goar, Germany in the Rhine Valley. A highlight was a cruise along the Rhine Valley.
- Ate breakfast at the Mount Pilatus.
- Ate lunch at rest stop in Germany.
- Ate dinner at the Contiki Hotel in St. Goar, Germany.
- We left Mount Pilatus and took the cog railway down the mountain.
- We drove to the Rhine Valley in Germany stopping at the Hockenheimring racing track.
- We arrived in St. Goar..
- We went on a cruise in the Rhine Valley and it was nice. There were several castles all around and the green mountain sides were nice.
- We had a great pork dinner with vegetables and potatoes in the Contiki Hotel.
- We went to a wine tasting after dinner and sampled several German white wines.
- After the wine tasting, it was time to drink. The tour broke the record for the most number of vodka shots in the hotel bar. The winner number was 600shots!
- If u were able to spit your bottle cap into a bird feeder you got a free shot.
- Only 3 people won free shots, all others failed, but bought many.