May 21, 2005 Amsterdam, Holland En Route to Amsterdam
Today was a slow day of driving and experiencing Amsterdam, Holland at night.
- Ate breakfast at the Contiki Hotel.
- Ate lunch at a crappy rest stop en route to Amsterdam.
- Ate dinner at the Contiki Hotel.
- We arrived in Amsterdam and saw a cheese and clog demonstration. We got to taste various Dutch cheeses and they were quite tasty. My favourites were pepper cheese and smoked pepper cheese.
- We had some free time before dinner so we walked around an old town near our hotel. It was a Sunday so most stores were closed but it was pretty cool.
- In the evening, we went to the Red Light District and it was a very interesting experience.
- The Red Light District smells like Mary Jane as there were several pot bars in the area.
- It was incredible to see all the prostitutes standing the building windows soliciting themselves
- As an unofficial portion of the tour, most of the people attended a cultural experience, a sex show at the Casso Rossa, very funny show.
- One hour show of 6 different acts, with audience participation, bananas and cigars.