May 6th, 2005, Nice, France Route to Nice, France En
The day consisted of traveling through the French Burgundy Wine Region to the French Rivera.
- Ate breakfast at the Contiki Hotel.
- Ate lunch in Avignon.
- Ate dinner ???
- Driving through the burgundy wine region.
- Stopped in Avignon which was a quiet little town.
- Avigon, France the valley of the popes and saw Napoleon’s home. It’s a huge beautiful mansion in a small village. It was the starting point of all of Napoleon’s wars.
- I walked around with a bunch and ate at a small cafe. I had a chicken, tomato, mozzarella panni and it was fantastic!
- We had dinner in Monte Carlo, Monaco. It was excellent! I ate dinner with Jason and Nicole, unemployed Brett, Kerry and Tracey.” I had a nice salad and salmon in a light cream sauce. I also ate Kerry and Tracey’s left over chicken. Also included was several glasses of wine at dinner.
- Next, we went to a casino in Monte Carlo. The highlights were the rich people looking like a million dollars and their cars! Naturally, I fit right in! :)
- Then back in Nice, we went to a ok pub with live music and had a few drinks.