TOP WONDERS OF LONDON TOURISM
London is undoubtedly one of the top tourist attractions of the word because of its delightful wonders and amazing sites. More than 10 million visitors visit London every year and the number goes on increasing year after year. Being the capital city of Great Britain, it is full of entertainment and art related activities which makes the city busy all the time. The cultural heritages of the city are very attracting specially the royal palaces. There are countless number of cathedrals and castles that can be explored day in and day out. Here are the top wonders of London city that the tourists, most likely visit every year:
1. BUCKINGHAM PALACE
– The doors of this palace are opened for public mostly during the summer. It is one of the most sort-after places by the tourists.
– The palace is full masterpieces and delicate artwork. The interiors are made special by the Old Master paintings.
– The palace is considered one of the iconic buildings of London. Built in 1837, the palace is the residence of the Royal Family of England.
– The visitors are allowed to enter only when the Queen is not residing and that is mostly during the summer time when she moves to Scotland.
2. ROYAL BOTANIC GARDENS AT KEW
– The Royal Botanic Gardens or the Kew Gardens, is a 300 acre garden full of numerous plants and shrubs. The Garden is located at the bank of the river Thames.
– The Garden was constructed in the year 1759 and a few years later it was undertaken by the government.
– Free tours are available for the visitors at the time of some cultural events taking place in the Royal Botanic Gardens.
– The Garden also houses the Queen’s Cottage and adjoining woodland.
3. THE TOWER OF LONDON
– The tower of London is a World Heritage site that depicts the country’s rich history. Initially built as a prison, the tower has been converted into a palace, private zoo and a treasure vault also.
– This iconic structure is an 18 acre property and is filled with fun attractions. The place is full of visitors all round the year and offers a number of fascinating displays to them.
– The White Tower displays the armaments of the royal family and other historical attractions.
– Other attractions in the Tower of London include the Beefeaters, the Crown Jewels exhibition and the Royal Mint.
4. ST. PAUL’S CATHEDRAL
– The St Paul’s cathedral is one of the most famous churches of London and probably the largest of all. The Church is situated atop the site of a Roman temple and is recognized among the most spectacular churches in the world.
– The Church was re-built in the year 1666 when the initial building was destroyed by fire and since then it is considered as a masterpiece of English architecture.
– The cathedral has a twin Baroque tower and a huge dome of 365 feet that are unique masterpieces. The visitors are attracted to this cathedral because of its excellent artwork.
– The stairs of the church give spectacular views of the interior artwork of the dome and the Whispering gallery.
5. HYDE PARK
– The Hyde Park is an open space park and a sightseeing destination covering 350 acres of land.
– It has many interesting highlights such as the Serpentine lake which is famous for boating and swimming.
– There is a Speaker’s Corner for free speech and also the Apsley House, which was the home of the first Duke of Wellington. There are a number of paintings of Wellington in this House as well as the gifts from Royal Emperors and Kings.
– The visitors visit this place every year in abundance and enjoy the beautiful architecture of London.
All these places have played an important part in promoting the tourism of London city. A large number of tourists come here every year during summer and enjoy the awesome scenery and beautiful artwork. The visitors who apply for ESTA and fulfill all the legal formalities are only allowed to enjoy these wonderful places in London. There is an increment in the number of visitors every year who visit with great enthusiasm and curiosity of knowing about the history of these places. This has benefited the London tourism in a great way.
This Great Article Was Written by Betty Elizabeth